Savor Coffee is hiring for a Service Technician in the New York Metro area. The Service Technician position provides direct service to our customers. The Service Technician is responsible for managing the company assets in beverage equipment and beverage parts.
Some of the job descriptions include:
• Service Commitment: (Call customer if prior commitments cannot be met.)
• Personal Appearance and Attitude: We must always present a professional image by following the company dress code policy while also maintaining a positive attitude at all times by taking ownership of own responsibility and actions.
• Equipment Repair: Repair Equipment in a timely manner in order to minimize the customer’s service interruption. Be responsible for making good equipment decision when swapping out equipment rather than repairing.
• Equipment Installation: Install all types of equipment in a manner that meets the customer’s requirements. Installations may include connecting water lines, drilling holes, setting up drain lines and hooking up basic electrical components where local codes allow. Installs and swap outs may require heavy lifting up to 75lbs.
• Preventative Maintenance: Perform routine cleaning, necessary maintenance, and repairs to prevent interruptions of service to the customer. Complete assigned inspections within allotted time.
• Customer Awareness: Be familiar with the products we sell to answer customer questions. Also while visiting an account, take notice of any red flags that signal dissatisfaction with our service. For example, competitor equipment or competitor products being used and negative comments towards the company.
• Scouting Prospects: Always be on the lookout for new account sales opportunities such as: new construction or referrals from customers. Report any new findings to management or sales rep for potential “new account” reward.
• Perform equipment and parts inventories: Every period keeping variances to a minimum by maintaining accurate parts and equipment inventories while also receiving all parts and equipment in a timely manner. Techs must also accurately account for all parts, equipment and all company assets. Recycle parts and equipment where appropriate.
• Respond to all voice, text and email messages promptly.
• Vehicle Safety Responsibility: Control vehicle expenses through proper maintenance and defensive driving by following all company safety procedures. Also maintain company vehicle, keeping up with all oil changes, tire rotations and all maintenance.